HotWorks.org 4th Annual Boca Raton Fine Art Show™
January 19 & 20, 2013 - downtown Boca on Federal Highway at Palmetto Park Road
Congratulations Budding Artist Winners!
Dear Friend of the Boca Raton Fine Art Show™:
As part of our commitment to include art education in the HotWorks.org Boca Raton Fine Art Show™ and the Palm Beach County community as a whole, a Budding Artists art competition for grades 6-12 or ages 9-19 is given prime space within the show. Sponsored by Institute for the Arts & Education, Inc., Hot Works' associated 501c3 non-profit organization, young artists were encouraged to create their original and personally handmade art as they began to learn the rules and requirements of being part of a professional art show and exhibition. Art programs are being dramatically cut back and eliminated in schools nationwide, thereby further underscoring the need for such initiatives. Not only was all the art work publicly displayed, there were four Budding Artist prizes totaling $250: $100 Best Budding Artist; and three $50 Budding Artist Art Awards of Excellence. Budding artists were judged by professional artist Paula Mae Green, who based the awards on originality and technique/execution. The program encourages budding artists to speak with the professional artists in the show, and to ask them questions about participating in art shows as a career. The show provides these students with an unmatched learning experience. The program was a huge success. Below and attached please find the award winners.
- All entries must be original and unaided by other people.
- Art work medium acceptance categories include painting, clay, fiber, jewelry, glass, wood, print making, photography, mixed media, sculpture, metal, drawing, digital or other.
- Each entry is $3, maximum two entries per person.
- To obtain an application, please go to the website, www.HotWorks.org or send a self-addressed and stamped envelope to Boca Raton Fine Art Show™, PO Box 1425, Sarasota, FL 34230 and an application will be mailed to you.
- Each entry will be individually judged by participating artists.
- Four prizes will be awarded as follows: $100 for Best Teen Artist; and three $50 prizes.
- The winners of the 2013 Budding Artists Art Competition will be photographed and posted on the Boca Raton Fine Art Show™ website, www.HotWorks.org, for people to view.
- Completed applications with a photograph of art work must be post marked by December 30, 2012.
- Actual art work is to be delivered to the event sight on Friday, January 18, between 1pm-7pm and picked up on Sunday, January 20, between 3pm-7pm. Any art work not picked up becomes property of event.
Institute for the Arts and Education, Inc., is a non-profit 501(c)(3) charitable organization dedicated to enhance artistry and community enrichment through promoting and educating fine arts and crafts among artists and students, of all age groups and diversity, and the general public. IA&E implements ways to enrich lives and strengthen our community through the power of arts. We help teach communities how art work is made, and further enhance the involvement of the community with our events. An essential component of
Institute for the Arts & Education is the invitation to young artists from the local schools to have their art work displayed and judged by the same art professionals. This program is to encourage and promote art among the young, with an opportunity to win a cash prize.
For more information, contact Elise Richey, Teen Art Coordinator at email Info@HotWorks.org.
Loren Hernandez, Mixed Media – American Senior High School
Julian Garcia, Photography – American Senior High School
Yoni Benjoseph, Drawing – Westglades Middle School