14th Annual HotWorks.org
Orchard Lake Fine Art Show®
July 30 & 31, 2016
West Bloomfield, MI
Voted top 100 Juried Art Shows in America!
Welcome to Hot Works’™ 14th annual Orchard Lake Fine Art Show® in beautiful West Bloomfield! Its 28 lakes, 150 ponds, numerous parks, nationally recognized library and exemplary schools notwithstanding, West Bloomfield is also home to many of the fine arts.
When: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 10am-6pm
Sunday, July 31, 2016, 10am-5pm
Admission: $5; 12 & under free
Where: Located in the heart of beautiful West Bloomfield, MI • On Powers & Daly Roads, South of Maple, West of Orchard Lake Road
Address for GPS: 6900 Orchard Lake Road, West Bloomfield, MI 48322 (Map) Plenty of free parking behind Beaumont Medical Center
This show features:
- Up to 150 Juried Artists – many not seen at other Michigan art fairs
- $2,500 Professional Artist Awards & Ribbons
- Kroger’s Youth Artist Competition for grades K-8 or ages 5-12; $250 in Youth Art Awards; Join us Sunday, July 31 at 3pm for the winners’ announcement!
- New! Detroit Institute of the Arts’ Family Area – patrons create mosaic tile art activities
- Great food and beverage from local restaurants: Prime29 Steakhouse and Get Juiced, West Bloomfield; Yardbirds, Keego Harbor; Jamaica Jamaica and Detroit Ice Cream Co., Detroit; For the Love of Cheesecake, Southfield; and Gourmet Kettle Corn, Richmond
- Entertainment provided by One Love Reggae Band, Sheila Landis Trio, Don Thomas Music, Vladimir Gorodkin, and Ken Mazur
- Focus is visual arts, diversity, community enrichment and fostering art education among youth
- A jury of art professionals with 120+ years’ combined art fair and/or art education experience
- Facebook us at “hotworksllc” and
- The Orchard Lake Fine Art Show® is produced by Executive Director Patty Narozny, who has been a resident of Oakland County for more than 27 years. “Hot Works has gained a reputation for quality, not quantity,” said Patty. “We’re grateful to bring so much economic impact into the area, and a wonderful event to the community.”
West Bloomfield, Michigan is:
Located in southeast Michigan, an upscale neighborhood with rolling hills that provide a tranquil setting for beautiful and lavish homes.
Voted one of Money Magazine's "Best Places to Live".
Located adjacent to Bloomfield Hills, which is the #3 highest income per capita in the United States, according to Wikipedia.org, and home of world-renowned Cranbrook Art Institute.
The Institute for the Arts & Education, Inc., is the a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization dedicated to educate and foster fine arts and crafts among all artists and students, of all age groups and diversity, and the general public. Our mission is to enhance visual arts, diversity, community enrichment and fostering art amongst youth. IA&E integrates ways to enrich lives and strengthen our community through the power of arts via ways in which we can help teach communities how art work is made, and to further the involvement of the community with our events. This association works to encourage creative expression and artistic excellence, and to expand public awareness, appreciation and acquisition of fine arts and fine crafts. Hot Works™ and its non-profit 501.C.3 arm, the Institute for the Arts and Education, are proud of the success and nationwide recognition we have achieved in our educational endeavors.
As part of our commitment to bring art education into the community, the 11th Annual Kroger’s Youth Art Competition is integrated into the art fair. This program encourages students in grades K-8 or ages 5-12 to create their original and personally handmade art. All entries are publicly displayed under a large tent labeled, "Kroger’s Youth Art Competition". Students are exposed to, and begin to learn the rules of, being part of a professional art show. $250 in Youth Art Awards will be presented on Sunday, July 31 at 3pm.
Ken McClure, Consumer Communications Manager with Kroger Co. said “The art fair is incredibly well-run and was very nice. I look forward to engaging next year in the youth art competition. The arts are an important portion of a complete education, and this is a great way for Kroger to engage and encourage that practice.”
Pets permitted on a short leash, not longer than 3'; please keep pets out of all tented areas, and please relieve your pet before attending the show.
Sponsors whom are looking to excite the affluent are a perfect match for this event. Our partnership with sponsors is designed to put you foremost in the attendees mind. Corporate sponsorship is a marketing vehicle that allows your company to connect with communities drawn together by a cause, passion, or purpose. When you align your business with these same values, you engage with potential customers in deeper, more resonant ways than by using other marketing media. The patrons who attend this event have an understanding of art and are quality art buyers. They are all your potential customers.
Our #1 goal at Hot Works™ is to make the Orchard Lake Fine Art Show® a pleasant and profitable experience for all of our stakeholders, at the same time bringing a wonderful event to the community. With our proven method of teamwork, recruiting the best artists in the field, and last but not least, our unique brand of marketing, we at Hot Works™ hope to not just continue maintaining our current level of success, but to make it even better yet in the years to come. We hope you will join us.
More information about sponsorship opportunities for the Orchard Lake Fine Art Show®