14th Annual HotWorks.org
Orchard Lake Fine Art Show®
July 30 & 31, 2016
West Bloomfield, Michigan
Voted in the top 100 Juried Art Shows
in the country the last 9 years in a row!
When: Saturday, July 30, 2016, 10am-6pm; Sunday, July 31, 2016, 10am-5pm
Admission: $5; 12 & under free
Where: Located in the heart of beautiful West Bloomfield, MI • On Powers & Daly Roads, South of Maple, West of Orchard Lake Road
Address for GPS: 6900 Orchard Lake Road, West Bloomfield, MI 48322 (Map) Plenty of free parking behind Beaumont Medical Center
Orchard Lake Road is under construction for a new round-about at Orchard Lake Road, 14 Mile Road, and Northwestern Highway. Avoid this intersection, an alternate route is suggested.
Here are some of the salient points:
- The Orchard Lake Fine Art Show®, out of more than 4,000 art fairs, has again been voted in the top 100 art shows in the nation, making it nine years in a row -- a solid testament to our efforts and success.
- Up to 175 juried fine art & fine craft artists where all work is original and personally handmade by the artist who is in the show.
- All discipline of art is for sale – paintings, sculpture, clay, glass, fiber, wood, jewelry, photography & more.
- We put in tireless, year-long efforts to bring artists with national and international reputations to West Bloomfield – artists whose work would not otherwise be seen in Michigan.
- Juried by art professionals with 120+ years combined experience.
- Criteria for jurying is technique/execution, originality, and booth appearance.
- $2,500 in Professional Artist Awards – plus, each winning artist receives a beautiful, 2’ long ribbon
- Kroger’s Youth Art Competition for grades K-8 or ages 5-12; a youth program which encourages students to create their original and personally handmade art; $250 in cash prizes.
- Ameriprise Financial’s Family Area, where kids made-and-took home their art work.
- Four high quality, local area restaurants provide excellent food including Detroit Shrimp & Fish of Detroit, Pontiac & Southfield; Saffron Indian Cuisine of Farmington Hills, Union Street, Detroit; and Yardbirds, Keego Harbor.
- Professional Artist applications are accepted electronically via Zapplication.org or “manual” application. The deadline to apply is March 25, 2016. Apply here.
- Produced by Hot Works, LLC, a professionally produced art fair by a show director, Patty Narozny, with a national standing and reputation.
West Bloomfield, Michigan is:
- Located in southeast Michigan, an upscale neighborhood with rolling hills that provide a tranquil setting for beautiful and lavish homes.
- Voted one of Money Magazine's "Best Places to Live".
- Located adjacent to Bloomfield Hills, which is the #3 highest income per capita in the United States, according to Wikipedia.org, and home of world-renowned Cranbrook Art Institute.
The Institute for the Arts & Education, Inc., is the a 501(c)(3) non-profit charitable organization dedicated to educate and foster fine arts and crafts among all artists and students, of all age groups and diversity, and the general public. Our mission is to enhance visual arts, diversity, community enrichment and fostering art amongst youth. IA&E integrates ways to enrich lives and strengthen our community through the power of arts via ways in which we can help teach communities how art work is made, and to further the involvement of the community with our events. This association works to encourage creative expression and artistic excellence, and to expand public awareness, appreciation and acquisition of fine arts and fine crafts. Hot Works™ and its non-profit 501.C.3 arm, the Institute for the Arts and Education, are proud of the success and nationwide recognition we have achieved in our educational endeavors.
As part of our commitment to bring art education into the community, the 11th Annual Kroger’s Youth Art Competition is integrated into the art fair. This program encourages students in grades K-8 or ages 5-12 to create their original and personally handmade art. All entries are publicly displayed under a large tent labeled, "Kroger’s Youth Art Competition". Students are exposed to, and begin to learn the rules of, being part of a professional art show. $250 in Youth Art Awards will be presented on Sunday, July 31 at 3pm.
Pets permitted on a short leash, not longer than 3'; please keep pets out of all tented areas, and please relieve your pet before attending the show.
Sponsors whom are looking to excite the affluent are a perfect match for this event. Our partnership with sponsors is designed to put you foremost in the attendees mind. Corporate sponsorship is a marketing vehicle that allows your company to connect with communities drawn together by a cause, passion, or purpose. When you align your business with these same values, you engage with potential customers in deeper, more resonant ways than by using other marketing media. The patrons who attend this event have an understanding of art and are quality art buyers. They are all your potential customers.
Our #1 goal at Hot Works™ is to make the Orchard Lake Fine Art Show® a pleasant and profitable experience for all of our stakeholders, at the same time bringing a wonderful event to the community. With our proven method of teamwork, recruiting the best artists in the field, and last but not least, our unique brand of marketing, we at Hot Works™ hope to not just continue maintaining our current level of success, but to make it even better yet in the years to come. We hope you will join us.
More information about sponsorship opportunities for the Orchard Lake Fine Art Show ®